Pokémon Go has had type-exclusive events in the past, and a brand new one is about to begin in the popular mobile game.
The Charge Up event will take place this week and spotlight Electric-type Pokémon. Whether it’s Pikachu or some Legendaries like Raikou or Zapdos, the Electric-type are very formidable in Pokémon Go.
Trainers can enjoy a bevy of in-game bonuses and Pokémon Go debuts during the Charge Up event. Tynamo and its evolutionary line will finally debut in Pokémon Go in the wild and hatch from 5km Eggs during the event.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Pokémon Go Charge Up event.
Thundurus Therian Forme makes its ‘Pokemon Go’ debut in March. Niantic
POKEMON GO CHARGE UP EVENT START TIME
The Pokémon Go Charge Up event begins Tuesday, March 16, at 10 a.m. and ends Monday, March 22, at 8 p.m. local time.
POKEMON GO SPAWN AND EGG HATCHES
During the Electric-type event, the following Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild: Alolan Geodude, Voltorb, Electrike, Stunfisk, Tynamo and more.
As for Eggs, collecting 5km Eggs from Gyms and PokeStops will hatch Electric-type Pokémon like Pichu, Elekid, Electrike, Shinx, Joltik, Tynamo and Stunfisk.
POKEMON GO CHARGE UP EVENT RESEARCH TASKS
New Field and Timed Research will appear when the Charge Up event begins, granting trainers Pokémon encounters and much more.
We won’t know the exact contents of the tasks until the event has begun, but according to the official Pokémon Go blog, the Field Research will reward Poké Balls, Ampharos Mega Energy, Manectric Mega Energy, encounters with Electric-type Pokémon and more.
As for the Timed Research, the blog confirms that the tasks will revolve around evolving and powering up Electric-type Pokémon.
Now that the event is live in some regions, we now know the tasks and rewards for the field and timed research.
- Catch 5 Electric-type Pokémon – Pikachu, Voltorb, Joltik
- Catch 25 Electric-type Pokémon – Tynamo
- Power Up Pokémon 5 Times – Great Ball (x3)
- Power Up Pokémon 7 Times – Blastoise Mega Energy, Abomasnow Mega Energy, Charizard Mega Energy, Venusaur Mega Energy, Houndoom Mega Energy, Pidgeot Mega Energy, Beedrill Mega Energy, Gengar Mega Energy, Gyarados Mega Energy
- Power Up Pokémon 10 Times – Ampharos Mega Energy, Manectric Mega Energy
- Catch 5 Electric-type Pokémon – Pikachu
- Evolve a Pokémon – Voltorb
- Power Up Pokémon 5 Times – Poke Ball (x10)
Completion Rewards: Tyanamo, Unova Stone, Ampharos Mega Energy (x10)
- Make 3 Nice Throws in a Row – Magnemite
- Make 3 Curveball Throws – Magnemite
- Make 3 Great Throws – Magnemite
Completion Rewards: Magneton, Sinnoh Stone, Manectric Mega Energy (x10)
- Use 7 Berries to Catch Pokémon – Poke Ball (x10)
- Evolve 3 Electric-type Pokémon – Electabuzz
- Power Up Pokémon 10 Times – Razz Berry (x3)
Completion Rewards: Porygon, Upgrade (x1), Ampharos Mega Energy (x15)
- Transfer 15 Pokémon – Poke Ball (x10)
- Evolve 5 Electric-type Pokémon – Jolteon
- Power Up Pokémon 15 Times – Manectric
Completion Rewards: Tynamo, Unova Stone, Manectric Mega Energy (x15)
POKEMON GO CHARGE UP EVENT RAIDS
Raids will shift when the Charge Up event begins, and will feature the debuts of two Electric-type Pokémon that can’t be obtained any other way in Pokémon Go.
During the event, Therian Forme Thundurus will appear for the first time in five-star Raids. And while its typing will remain the same as its Incarnate Forme, trainers looking to take on this powerful Electric and Flying-type Pokémon can read our guide, here.
Mega Manectric will also make its Pokémon Go debut during the Charge Up event. Appearing in Mega Raids alongside Mega Houndoom and Abomasnow, Mega Manectric gives trainers another option for a powerful Electric-type Pokémon to take into battle.
Here’s the complete list of Raids in Pokémon Go during the Charge Up event:
- Alolan Raichu
- Alolan Graveler
- Therian Forme Thundurus
- Mega Manectric
- Mega Houndoom
- Mega Abomasnow
Are you excited for the Charge Up event in Pokémon Go? Who is your favorite Electric-type Pokémon? Let us know in the comments section.