It is a funny thing, given the endless wait for 2021 to finally arrive, that its first month is nearly over. 2021 is not a distant oasis nor an immediate celebration, it’s just a year that is now fully in progress. Better, in some ways, but also wild and unpredictable in ways that few would have predicted, even given the year that was 2020. But we’re here to talk about Pokemon GO, a pastime that takes a bit of a step back when things are quite as cold as they are in the northeast, but which still continues with a steady clip of events, raids, and all that other stuff. Let’s take a look at everything coming to Pokemon GO in February of 2020. There’s a lot!
The information here is from the Pokemon GO Blog, which also has some extra info on 1 Pokecoin bundles.
- Team Rocket Shenanigans, February 2—February 7: Team Rocket is celebrating, as per the description, and it’s up to us to figure out why. Whatever it is, it will involve getting some new Shadow Pokemon alongside new Shiny Shadow Pokemon. Expect more Team Rocket Balloons and invaded stops, as well as as some Rocket-focused research.
- Community Day, February 7:Roselia is in the spotlight this month, for a bit of a rose theme. She’ll learn both Weather Ball and Bullet Seed when evolved during or up to two hours after the event.
- The Year of the Ox, February 9-Feberuary 14: We’re getting another Lunar New Year event this year, with Red Pokemon showing up in bulk: I’d expect Daramuka, at least. The blog also promises a special Mega-evolved Pokemon, which I’m gonna guess is something Ox-like, probably Tauros.
- Valentine’s Day, February 14-February 18:Pink Pokemon as well as some new arrivals, according to the blog. This is a regular event, but we’ll likely have at least one curveball in there. There’s also a pink Pokémon-themed “Love Cup” in the Battle League from February 8-February 15.
- Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto, February 20: We’ve had tickets in the shop for this forever, but this is the event that closes out the season of celebration. More details here.
- February 2: Ekans, double XP for evolving Pokemon.
- February 9: Miltank, double catch stardust.
- February 16: Luvdisc, double catch XP.
- February 23: Pikachu, double catch candy. Maybe a hat?
Unless otherwise specified, all raids turn over at 10:00 AM
MORE FOR YOU
- Raikou: January 31—February 4.
- Suicune: February 4—February 9
- Latias and Latios: February 9-February 20.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo: February 20 at 9:00 AM — March 1 at 8:00 AM.
- Venusaur, ampharos, Houndoom: January 19—February 9
- Pidgeot, Ampharos, and a surprise (probably Tauros): February 9 — February 20
- Venusaur, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Blastoise: February 20—March 1
Research Breakthrough Encounter: Snorlax is showing up in Research Breakthroughs throughout the month.
Other Updates: Pokestops and Gyms are going to start to get image galleries rather than just the one picture. We’re also getting automatic level-up screenshots and the ability to select Legendary and Mythical Pokemon for mass transfer.